Wednesday 5 November 2014

Reflection of Presentation

I have always been the 'thinker' kind of person with many crazy ideas. I love to share my ideas and queries. However, I have never been a confident speaker, especially in a presentation setting. I tend to get very nervous when many pairs of eyes are watching me. At the same time, I find it hard to express myself at times because I tend to think faster than I can express my thoughts. At the same time, I did not spend ample time to prepare for the presentation as I had to prepare for a test which was before my presentation and work on my other projects. Trying to adopt the new style of presentation and the lack of preparation increased the amount of uncertainty which made me more nervous. I felt that I zoomed through most of the parts during the presentation because I just wanted to get off the stage, without giving my peers a chance to absorb the information I presented.

I don't think I did a good job this time round even though it was only a short and simple presentation. Since I am not a natural speaker, I will just have to put in more effort and time to prepare for presentations in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for this reflection, Zhi Kang, and for the presentation itself. We debriefed on the ta;k itself, and I can see from your self-review that you know how you can improve in your next presentation assignment. Best wishes for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clear and concise slides. Also if you could take a step forward and not be behind the computer area, that would be great. However, I think you did a great job with your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zhi Kang,

    I enjoyed your presentation as you remained calm and collected throughout. I do agree that it would be good if you can slow down a bit (I have the habit of rushing through my presentation too) for audience to digest the information. I think you were very familiar with the content in the beginning till the solution's slide, whereby you started reading from the screen. Also, I loved your simple slides (as mentioned in class haha) because they allowed me to focus on the speaker (you) :)

    ReplyDelete